- Rob Thomas
- Network Developer
- QLD VoIP Services
- Computer Science, University of Technology, Sydney
- ISP consultant and engineer since 1996
- Senior InfoSec officer at Cisco
- Developer and Technical Documentation writer of VyOS (Open Source router)
- IPv6 Consultant and Advocate
- Author of multiple SIP/VoIP projects, such as FreePBX, and the SHAKEN/STIR Open Source libraries
- NetDevOps consultant and instructor
- Relevant Board Experience
- Consultant/Advisor with the foundation of the TIO in Australia, as part of running one of the first ISPs in the region
- Provided advice and guidance to many companies for dealing, and avoiding, potential pitfalls when dealing with IP related issues
- Founding member of Australia IPv6 Group
- Senior Management Experience:
I have served with many boards, and board members, as a consultant and expert on IPv4 and IPv6. I have run talks and workshops on internet connectivity, reliability, and networking protocols. Director of multiple Australian Companies. Founder of ClearlyIP
With my extensive technical background spanning 25+ year in the region, I believe that I can serve APNIC and APNIC's members on the EC.
As a highly technical, but documentation-driven, person, I hope to work with the APNIC members in every country to ensure they are getting the best service they can from APNIC, without favouritism.
I am driven to have the NetDevOps concept be a normal part of everyday ops - like DevOps has been. Because of this, I am actively involved in SDRs to make this concept an easy and painless reality.
- QLD VoIP Services
Reason for nomination
I was part of the foundation of the public Internet in Australia when I started running one of the first ISPs in Western Sydney in the early 1990s, and have been almost continuously deeply involved with the internet ever since.
I have had first hand experience with the problems that smaller organisations have when dealing with rules and policies that are out of date and no longer needed, and want to help reduce bureaucracy and unnecessary paperwork.
APNIC Eligibility Statement
APNIC has not, based on the information provided by the Nominee, identified any information that would prevent the Nominee from serving on the APNIC EC if elected.
This notice has been published in accordance with APNIC’s Nomination Due Diligence Procedures.
Disclaimer: The Nominee statement and video (if any) published on this page has been provided by the Nominee. Publication of this content does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or support of the information by APNIC.